Thursday, February 7, 2013

Metal: the time of Autumn

I needed to go to the out house before Max began his story. Built just a few steps from the main house which was small--an open big room for the kitchen and eating place and living room. Two smaller rooms were built under the hips of the peaked cottage. Well-insulated with south-facing windows and a thick stone wall to collect the heat from the sun, electricity heated my home efficiently. Burning wood? No, I no longer did this. A shame really, since I lived on an island where Cedar, Alder, Hemlock and Fir grew thick and seemed to be proud of their ability to serve in so many ways. My cobbled and cross-stitched life had included wood when I was a very young woman, but now? Now, I lived surrounded with metal walls and roof the hard, shiny element. I lived with the reminders of Autumn, the season of The Father. Letting go has not been an easy process, so at least for now, or for as long as it takes, the metal feeds me regularly.

......

How little most people knew about witches ... oh well, that's a story for another time. Max is patient I thought. Used to the nature and cycles of humans. Relieved of the pressure on my bladder, I sprinkled a hand-full of peat moss over my leavings, covered the toilet and opened the outhouse curtain to walk the short distance to the cottage. Walking back the emotions swelled. They hide most of the time because my Capricorn Moon loves to hoard feelings. I let few people see me wet with emotions. The Gardener found ways to my hoarding moon; she was used to roots that swelled and traveled deep.


Continue to read here ... 

2 comments:

  1. Has it always been that way? Witches choosing a course of travel like a stayfast anchored to the deep, swaying within the sea of emotion while guiding us along with their insight and love.
    Pete Little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always, all ways is a verry long time. The character Pale records what has been true for her; gaining strength to keep stepping into the 'always' does mean there is that anchor to the deep. (that is a sweet image, like the roots of kelp holds to rocks).
      The emotions ... they do sway, they move. Witches and storytellers use their sensitivities to protect them ... just long enough. Or, until the load can be shared because Grace or Trust has fed them often enough. Max is that for Pale. Constant, but not hovering.
      Thank you for tending to the magic Pete!

      Delete

I would love to hear from you!