Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Yet another new segment: Sugar and salt

Note to the reader: This is another New Segment to The Joy Weed Journal. If you have not read the original journal entries, you might like to do that first. Click here for those original entries.



The hot sugar water had me prickling like a sparkler. Like the sparklers we used to light up on New Year's Eve. The smell of the burnt sulphur made my nose wince. The bright light illuminated the brown faces -- my brother's, the neighbor friends-- the old valley absent of fences, bold with innocence.



Max's drum of a voice began with this "In another place ... " 
P.S. Readers: March 6, 2014 late AM. 
I am pinning stories together like a whirling dervish so you might have missed the recent connection that continues the story Max is telling. Click on the link above, and see what I mean by reading through ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!